Healthy Summer Picnic Foods
It’s that time of year for summer picnics and festivities. But no need to pack on the pounds this season! Summer treats can be simple, healthy and even promote weight loss. In our office, we encourage our clients to eat natural, wholesome foods, grown from the ground and minimally processed. As a result, weight loss becomes a healthy side effect of all this good eating.
And why do these foods make the difference? Your body is craving wholesome nutrients to run optimally. Instead of processed diet/fat free/gluten free foods , you give it what it needs for proper digestion, overall gut health and liver cleansing, and you will see the difference it makes.
I recently joined WFMZ’s Eve Russo on 69 News at Sunrise to share some of my favorite ideas for summertime. You can watch the clip here and read on below!
1. START OFF YOUR DAY AS ALWAYS Make a Smoothie: Dandelions, spinach, flax seeds, avocado, lemon, beet, raspberries, maple syrup, ice/water
2. Make your smoothie into ice pops for you and the kids
3. Chia pudding: Chia seeds, coconut yogurt, maple syrup, strawberries, blueberries (Your RED/WHITE/BLUE dessert doesn’t need food dyes)
4. Quinoa Salad: Kale, avocado, cucumber, scallions, tomato, lemon juice, Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar, olive oil, basil leaves, black pepper, sea salt
5. Zucchini pasta: Chicken, lemon, olive oil, garlic, black pepper, parsley (The raw zucchini has a similar texture to al dente pasta.)
I am all about EASY healthy cooking! You can do this!